By Joe De Leon
Hosted by Tony Schiavone, Larry Zbyszko, Mike
Tenay, and Bobby Heenan
Live from Grand Rapids, Michigan
• The announcers discussed Kevin Nash's World War III win, and the Goldberg vs. Nash-Heavyweight Title match that would take place at Starrcade. Tony Schiavone said Hollywood Hogan would have an announcement (retirement) this Thursday on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. It was also announced that Eric Bischoff and Ric Flair would have a face-to-face confrontation later in the show.
• Lex Luger defeated Mike Enos by making him submit
to the Torture Rack.
-Mike Enos put up a very tough match for Lex Luger. But after Luger bodyslammed Enos, he finished off the match with his Torture Rack.
• Outside of the arena, Goldberg and Kevin Nash (w/Konnan( arrived in separate limousines. Nash and Konnan teased Goldberg. Goldberg responded by calling Konnan Nash's girlfriend.
• Kidman Interview - (Conducted by Gene
-Cruiserweight Champion, Kidman called out Rey Mysterio, Jr. Kidman said now that Mysterio quit the LWO, he would give Mysterio a Cruiserweight Title shot later in the show. Mysterio respectively accepted. Eddie Guerrero and his unknown bodyguard walked down. Eddie showed Mysterio he was not out of the LWO, according to a contract. Eddie had Mysterio put on a giant LWO T-Shirt (XXXXXXL). Mysterio said he didn't want any trouble, but they would talk about it later.
• Chris Benoit defeated Norman Smiley by making him
submit to the Crippler Crossface.
-Before the match, Norman Smiley held up a sign from a fan that read, "Norman Smiley is My Favorite Wrestler." Smiley played a heel in the mach, and showboated (or danced) a lot. After Benoit executed a diving headbutt, and followed by strapping Smiley in the Crippler Crossface, he took the victory.
• Wolfpac Interview.
-Before the match, The Wolfpac hyped up the crowd. Lex Luger said even though he was thrown out of World War III by Kevin Nash, Wolfpac would still remain as a team. Nash laughed when he said, "I'm next." Nash smiled at the "Goldberg" chants that came from the crowd, and said he was ready to take the Heavyweight Title from Goldberg. As The Wolfpac walked back to the locker room, Gene Okerlund stopped them for an interview, since some questions were unanswered. Okerlund said Nash never said one word about Scott Hall after what took place at World War III. Nash basically said he didn't trust Hall, and Hall would have to prove himself. Goldberg walked by and taunted Nash. Nash told Goldberg to cut down on the caffeine.
• Kanyon defeated Tokyo Magnum with the
-Kanyon's entrance music played, but he never appeared. Kanyon was apparently arguing with Raven backstage. Kanyon wanted Raven to come out with him, but Raven wanted to be left alone. Kanyon told Raven he was acting like a little child. Raven responded with, "That's what my mother always told me." Kanyon said Raven was 30-years-old and he needs to get over it. Kanyon didn't bother to ask the crowd who was better than him, because he knew they would never get it right. Kanyon took the match with the Flatliner.
• Bobby Duncum, Jr. defeated Glacier with a
-Bobby Duncum, Jr. attempted to use his cow bell again, but the referee wouldn't allow it. Duncum finished off Glaicer with a Front-Face Slam. The announcers noted it was Duncum's first win in WCW via Pinfall.
• The Giant Interview - (Conducted by Gene
-The Giant said Kevin Nash new he was the winner of World War III. The Giant continued to taunt Nash, and set out a challenge to Goldberg, so he could get to Nash with the Heavyweight Title.
• Saturn defeated Silver King with the Death Valley
-Before the match, Saturn said Ernest Miller wouldn't get away with what he did. As the match went on, Miller and Sonny Onoo appeared by the entrance-way. Miller bragged about himself, while Saturn finished off the match with the Death Valley Driver.
• It was announced that Goldberg had accepted The Giant's challenge. The Heavyweight Title match was set for later in the show, with a stipulation that there had to be a winner.
• Kidman defeated Rey Mysterio, Jr. with the Shooting
Star Press, to retain the Cruiserweight Title.
-Kidman and Rey Mysterio, Jr. wrestled an excellent match, which had numerous two counts. Eddie Guerrero and Juventud Guerrera secretly made their ways in. While Kidman battled with Eddie, Guerrera gave Mysterio the Juvi Driver behind the referee's back. Not knowing what had gone on in the ring, Kidman finished off the match with the Shooting Star Press.
• Eric Bischoff and Ric Flair Interview (Conduced by
-Eric Bischoff, whose gray hairs are really settling in, said it was time to prove to Ric Flair he was the boss. Flair siad he was overwelmed that Bischoff had the guts to face him. Bischoff said it was time to put an end to it, and that Flair should understand he runs the company. Flair said that he would acknowledged that Ted Turner made mistakes, and Bischoff was one of them. Bischoff said that one thing they couldn't agree on was that Flair didn't have the right to fire or hire anyone. Barry Windham was one of the wrestlers Flair hired, as Windham made his way out. Bischoff said Windham would knock Flair flat on his ass. Flair said tradition with The Four Horsemen was forever, and Windham would never attack him. Bischoff slapped Flair. Flair was then all over Bischoff, until, surprisingly, Windham started to attack Flair. Bischoff and Windham began to attack Flair. Other Four Horsemen members made their ways in to make the save, but were jumped by several NWO-Hollywood members (including a returning Brian Adams).
• Konnan defeated Booker T. by
-Before the match, Tony Schiavone announced that The Four Horsemen - including Ric Flair - had left the arena to regroup, but Dean Malenko would stay behind to wrestle Bret Hart. As the match went on Stevie Ray made his way in, and began to attack Konnan with the slapjack. Ray costed his brother, Booker T., the match. The two brothers had a verbal argument. Booker T. told his brother to stick to his NWO buisness, and he would stick to his.
• Bret Hart Interview - (Conducted by Gene
-Bret Hart said he should be the United States Champion. He said Diamond Dallas Page's victory at World War III was cheap, and called DDP and the fans punks. Hart said their feud was no where near over, and he wanted a rematch. He took note the Dean Malenko had an injured leg, after the attack from NWO-Hollywood. He said he would injure Malenko's leg, and wanted DDP to wjatch the match very carefully.
• Kevin Nash defeated Wrath with the Jack-Knife
-It was great to see two, big men wrestle a match. After Kevin Nash planed his boot right in Wrath's face, he amazingly Jack-Knifed Powerbombed Wrath, to take the win.
• Chris Jericho Interview - (Conducted by Gene
-Chris Jericho's hair was spiked really high. Jericho bragged about his win over Bobby Duncum, Jr. Duncum appeared, with Ralphus tied and taped up. Duncum hogged tied Ralphus and left. Jericho went to Ralphus' aid.
• Scott Hall defeated Alex Wright with the Outsider
-As Scott Hall made his way out, he laughed at Ralphus. Jericho got out of Hall's way. He also had the NWO-Hollywood music cut off, and came out without any music playing. Hall conducted his last survey. He mentioned NWO-Hollywood, and they got booed. He mentioned he was told the night before he was out of NWO-Hollywood. He said he was the one who started the original NWO. The crowd cheered when Hall mentioned The Wolfpac. Hall said that he knew he had to prove something to Kevin Nash and the fans, but only needed to prove something to himself, and would start with Alex Wright. Hall dominated Wright, and finished off the match with the Outsider Edge.
• Dean Malenko defeated Bret Hart by
-Dean Malenko was favoring his knee big-time, as it was taped up. Hart worked on Malenko's knee a lot. Dean Malenko attempted to put Hart in the Texas Clover Leaf twice, but Hart got out both times. After Hart used a chair, he was disqualified. Diamond Dallas Page came out from the stands to make the save, but, at first, was destroyed by the chair Hart used. DDP came back with pure hatred, and wanted to give Hart the Diamond Cutter, but instead just knocked Hart out of the ring. DDP taunted Hart, but Hart walked off. DDP said Hart would get his United States Title shot next week on Nitro.
• Goldberg defeated The Giant with the Jackhammer, to
retain the Heavyweight Title.
-After Goldberg amazingly kicked out of the Choke Slam, Goldberg took the advantage. In order, it was the spear, the Jackhammer, and the pin. Following the match, Bam Bam Bigelow ran in, and started to attack Goldberg. As both began to brawl, several security guards held off both superstars. There was even more fireworks, as Kevin Nash entered the ring. Nash and Goldberg were trying to get at each other. They broke through all the security forces and were all over each other.
WCW Nitro Extra Report - November 24,
Hosted by Tony Schiavone, Mike Tenay, and Bobby Heenan
Taped from Grand Rapids, Michigan
• Throughout the show, the announcers discussed Goldberg and Kevin Nash happenings, as well as the announcement Hollywood Hogan would make this Thursday on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
• Scott Norton (w/Vincent) defeated Kaz Hayashi in approximately thirty seconds with the Jack-Knife Powerbomb.
• Disco Inferno defeated Scott Putski with the Piledriver.
• Chavo Guerrero, Jr. defeated Tokyo Magnum with the Toranado DDT.
• Stevie Ray defeated Van VHammer with the Slapjack.
• Prince Iaukea defeated Juventud Guerrera, after Rey Mysterio, Jr. costed Guerrera the match.
• Wrath defeated Horace (w/Vincent) with the Meltdown. Vincent got the Meltdown after the match.